Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Dirt on the Garden

It's coming along nicely!

Here you can see our "bean tent" near the bottom of the hill and our tomatoes tucked safely in their wall o waters.

I've noticed that when I don't baby the transplants with these, I never get many tomatoes.


I haven't used them in a few years. In fact, I think they are over 10 years old and still going strong.


In Klenda's garden, her parrot tulips are blooming!

It never ceases to amaze me what strange plants the kids find when I ask them to pick out something.

Mxyl and Leena found these Pocketbook Plants.

Kinda odd.




Here are Choclo and Oob's gardens.

They're kind of at the front of the shrubbery.

Yes, I have a shrubbery. The Knights who Say Ni should have looked here.



Last Fall, I bought a big bag of pastel tulips and planted some in the cutting garden and some here and there.

So far, my favorite juxtaposition has been this one with the sky blue grape hyacinth.
I love this one, too, even if the lacy green backdrop is actually my kale plant going to seed...

No comments: