Thursday, November 15, 2012

Easy Art Project

 This was a fun and easy project!

I had the kids draw a tree on black paper and then cut it out.

I pointed out that the trees branches get smaller as the split and that they tend to end in points, but otherwise gave no direction.

I think with younger kids, I'd let them draw it, and I'd cut it out for them.

For the second part, we used watercolors on white paper, but you could also do watercolor on tissue paper and put the finished project in the window for a stained glass effect.

We had been looking at some sun rises and sunsets in real life lately, and we talked about using warm colors for sunsets, and cooler, lighter tones for sunrises.


  I'm finding it interesting to see the kids decisions on these projects.  It was important to Leena that her tree be off center.   Mxyl's tree (top left) looks like an oak to me, while Klenda's (bottom left) makes me think of a maple, and Zorg's (top right) is very much like the elm that was in our front yard at the house where he was born.


No comments: