Monday, March 16, 2020

Gospel Desserts Week 2 and 3

 Lenten Sunday 2 had the gospel of the Transfiguration, in which Jesus was transfigured on Mount Tabor, showing His disciples His Divinity.

So I made divinity (the candy).  It went great until I accidentally added an oil based flavoring...  The candy is made to be fluffy and uses beaten egg whites, so that tiny bit of oil turned it from fluffy nougat to... something a bit denser but still tasty.

So I failed in my quest for divinity, I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere. Probably.

Week 3's gospel was the woman at the well, a favorite gospel and a favorite dessert!

I didn't have any blue jello on hand so I made it with unflavored gelatin (I joked about making water flavored jello).  I actually used 4teaspoons of powdered gelatin, 1.5 cups of sugar, 3 cups of water and a cup of ginger ale (mixed in after it had started to gel).

It tasted great and was enough to make water for two wells.  The wells are made of rice crispy treats with some chocolate chips swirled into the melted marshmallow mixture.

No comments: