Saturday, March 17, 2018

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sorry, I've been off Ye Olde Blog for a bit.  I've been busy both having fun and putting out fires.
Which reminds me, I have a ton of things to blog about!

I'll get to everything eventually.  Probably.

Right now, it's St. Patrick's Day!!!!   I'm cooking 20 lbs of corned beef, 3 large cabbages and 10-15 lbs of potatoes. Klenda just finished making a double batch of Irish cream flavored Oreo truffles for dessert. Here's a post on why this day is special to us.

We are feeding the 16 gentleman our parish is currently housing for Safe Haven, as well as another 10 or so here at home.  Yes, I realize that's a lot of meat for 26 people, but I'd love for everyone to have as much delicious corned beef as they want to eat!

This year I'm trying the enormous pressure cooker my mom gave me.  If it works, it'll be by far the easiest way we've ever done this.  It's just the "If" that worries me!

In the meantime,  let's enjoy a discussion of the Trinity with St. Patrick's Bad Analogies!

And, of course, the Lorica, St. Patrick's Breastplate:



No comments: