Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Knitting Knews


 I finally finished my most complicated knitting project yet: a lace knit shawl for Klenda!

It came from this free pattern, although I don't think it looks too similar, probably because I was supposed to use finer (thinner) yarn.  But I had this yarn, and it's such a perfect color for her!

I love the way it came out: pretty but super cozy!

And the thicker, warmer shawl is just perfect for this time of year.

I think I started it at the beginning of summer, so it took about 4-5 months.  I've discovered I like to have one complicated project (like lace knitting) going for all the time I spend in waiting rooms, and one simple project going for when I'm watching a movie.


 

I'm deciding between a couple of other lace shawl patterns in a lighter yarn which I could presumably finish by spring.

I'm leaning towards this one.

 

In the meantime, for simple knitting over the last month or so I made Hogwarts house scarves for the Zoomlians.

I'm also working on what I hope will be a long "Where's Waldo" stocking cap....because... whimsy?  

Anyway, I really hope someone will want to wear it because I really want to knit it!

2 Ravenclaw, 2 Griffindor, 1 Hufflepuff, and 1 Not Into Harry Potter



No comments: