Monday, May 25, 2020

Happy Memorial Day!

 With the garden in full bloom, it was an easy year to make bouquets to decorate the graves!

My dad has not been doing well.  No Covid problems, thankfully, but he's recovering from a bacterial infection and we didn't want to be away from the house for too long.

Now that's not something you hear often during lock down!   Where we are in Maryland, near DC, there are still high levels of virus circulating, so we are locked down at least through June1.


 With all that going on, we decided to just go to the close cemetery and not try for Arlington.

We really missed going with our cousins!

Still, it made us happy to think that they would come along later and see the flowers, and we connected by phone after the fact.

 It's been five years since my beloved MIL passed.  I still miss her so much.

Zorg told me that he now mostly just remembers happy times with her, so thinking of her makes him mostly happy and thankful.

I think most days that's true for me, too.

 And we came back and had a cookout with just the 10 of us. 

A quiet Memorial Day, for sure, but still fun!

No comments: