Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Gospel Desserts

 

Week 5's Gospel mentioned the grain of wheat (which must die before it will bear fruit).

We tried making rice crispie treats with puffed wheat (and added chocolate and peanut butter chips).

They were pretty good!  Not as crispy, but still very tasty, and we shaped them into giant wheat seed shapes, so that was..  Extra thematic!



Palm Sunday has been a source of some of our strangest Gospel Desserts.  My favorite is still the time I scooped ice cream directly into the hands of the Zoomlians for  Palm Sundaes.  

For some reason, they weren't big fans of that.  I don't know, something about being scarred for life or something.

I can't believe that it never occurred to me: we get actual food from palm trees.

I made a date cake!  I would have gone with coconut, but we have a few who are not coconut fans.  

Anyway, mission accomplished for another Lent, next Sunday is Easter!!


No comments: