Friday, September 19, 2008

Bumps in the Road

Sorry about the lack of posts, we hit a few bumps in the road.

Blue Streak (12 passengers) went into the shop, so we spent a lot of time carless or "squeeeshed" into White Knight (7 or 8 passengers).

The dishwasher died a gory death which caused the ruination of the ceiling in the chapel (and, even more dreadful, the hand washing of all dishes for a week!).

The washing machine died a less gory death (bailing but almost no mopping). It's old friend, the dryer, does not want to go on without it.

One of my closest friends lost her job.

My beloved MIL had a health scare.

Blue Streak is back and fixed. I was glad to have the intermittent problem make up its mind to break and be done with it in a visible way while still under warranty.

I've never been so happy to have an appliance die as I was when the dishwasher went. It had stopped actually cleaning the dishes a while back and it was driving me crazy.

We put a washer and dryer on the top floor when we built it a few years ago (suggested by my brilliant MIL!), and it was the 30 year old pair in the basement that quit. Hard to find fault with that!

My friend is starting her dissertation and will be able to focus on that before she needs to look for another job. Not what we would have chosen, but we'll stick together through it.

My dear MIL's scare was by far the worst thing, but it looks like she's all right.

It's really a matter of perspective, isn't it? Also last week, my SIL asked for prayers for a friend of a friend. Her name is Hyatt and she is a young mom with a three year old and a 5 month old. Last week her heart suddenly stopped. She was fine and then her heart just stopped and she stopped breathing. She's in intensive care now and basically needs a miracle. If you'd like to know more, her family started a blog here. We're praying for her. Please also pray.

1 comment:

Garden State Kate said...

You've been in my thoughts, and will remain there (as will your sil's friend,her children,your other friend,your mil and all the new appliances that appear to be on the horizon for you)Glad blue streak didn't quit!