Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weird Weather

 It's official.  We've lapped seasons.

This morning the early Spring snowdrops are blooming....





And so are the Fall camellias.

The camellias are usually the last thing blooming, and I pick the last of them for Thanksgiving.

 I still have dozens of my late white camellias, and even one or two frostbitten pink ones. And now I have half a dozen snowdrops in the shade on the north side of the house.  Crazy! 

Anyone else having a weird winter?

And, I forgot to mention, we had a white Christmas!

That means different things to different people, so let me be specific: it snowed and we had a dusting on the ground on the very last day of the Christmas season, January 9th, the feast of the Baptism of the Lord! 

Maybe we're stretching it a bit, but we'll take what we can get, especially since it hit 70 two days before that snow!

No comments: