Tuesday, January 29, 2019

January Gardening Thoughts

 I've been doing some of the most enjoyable work of gardening: watching my garden fill with snow while warm inside, drinking tea.

Of course, I'm dreaming about what to plant in the spring!

Winter is the perfect time to do this because the garden is as empty as it gets.

January is for: tea, flowers, and paper snowflakes
Also, now is the time to buy plants and seeds from all those lovely garden catalogs which have been piling up since Christmas!

My eyes are always bigger than my garden, and I'm always thinking I can squeeze in a few more plants than I actually have room for...

But then, some plants won't do well, so the space often comes out fine anyway.

And I have been known to turn a bit more yard into garden on occasion... 

The Zoomlians are convinced that it is part of a long term plot to have no yard left to mow by the time they all leave home.

Here's what I've been dreaming of:
 The pictures (and the plants I'm getting) are from Great Garden Plants (not getting paid, also, not an endorsement until I actually get the plants in April!).  I am giving them a try because they seem to ship good sized plants for a good price.

Anyway, those are the plants I'm building the garden around, and in my mind, they are lovely, large, disease and pest free, and there are no weeds to be seen.

Which is why January's garden work: forming the vision, is the most fun!


No comments: