Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Off for More Adventures

 Last Wednesday (in my continuing attempt to catch up with my life!), we went off on a quick trip to the World War II Memorial.  This was really lovely, and a great reminder of all the stuff we finished last month.  Best of all, we got to see and thank lots of actual WWII vets.

Suddenly, I realized: when I was a kid, I saw WWI vets, and now they are all gone.  I told the kids to thank the WWII vets now, because, by the time you are grown, they will belong to God and history.

The WWII Memorial was actually a bit of a side trip while waiting to visit the Bureau of Engraving and Printing.  This was a great tour! 

They were printing hundred dollar bills while we were there, so we saw tens of millions of dollars!  This picture (from the web) shows "bricks" of ones.  The bricks we saw were $400,000 each... more than a house!!!

No comments: