Saturday, December 15, 2007

Advent Blogging

has been practically non existent. Sorry. The truth is, Advent is usually my favorite time of year. I love to do Christmas cookies and make decorations with the kids. It' s a lovely spiritually focussed time. Usually. That would be on those years when I manage to have the gift monster tamed before we get the Advent wreath out.

This is how it works (when it works). We make most of our gifts. I need to figure out who is making what for whom. Ideally I figure this out over the summer, buy the materials on sale and have started making things by August. It's nice. Spare evenings are taken up by handcrafting special items for special people. We buy kids presents in September. I usually have the last few stray presents done the first week of December so the Great Mailing can take place in the second week. Everything gets there on time. Our days are merry and bright.

This year, I started figuring things out in late October. Ouch. Trying to give the spiritual preparation pride of place while frantically jabbing at the gift monster causes headaches.

On the plus side, the heavy lifting is now done and I hope to return to more regular blogging. I hope to post later today about our advent traditions.

No comments: