Saturday, January 17, 2009

Game Blocks

Still no snow, and now it's too cold to go outside, to boot. So to speak.

Fridays tend to be light days anyway, so I decided we'd do game blocks. You may remember that twice a week we do homeschool blocks. Usually we do time with me (often Math-U-See), independent time, chore time, and fun time. The older 4 switch between these 4 activities.






For game blocks we switched it around a bit!



The activities were: Wii Fit, Rosetta Stone Spanish, Board game of choice (with me), and Peggle.



It was so fun, we did it again after lunch! This time we did: Big Brain Academy, Math computer game of choice, Dance Mat Typing, and Chuzzle.




And, thank you Bill, I have
pictures! Klenda is doing Wii fit, Mxyl is playing Battleship (with me), Zorg is doing Peggle, and Leena is doing Rosetta Stone.





That last one is Choclo playing with playdoh and a tractor. He was explaining why he needed a harrow to break up the lumps.




Choclo and Oob do stuff during blocks also, it's just hard to explain how they fit in. I try to have them doing something quiet and interesting near me so that I can occasionally encourage/redirect/save them as needed.

1 comment:

Garden State Kate said...

I'm so happy to see pictures..
and did they all actually get cuter while you were camera cord free? :-D