Thursday, April 28, 2011

Frog Beautiful

While we were at the Arboretum, I thought we'd check out the dogwood garden. It was in full glorious bloom: clouds of white and pink hovering about a lovely lawn edged by stately trees.

I think this is one of my favorite gardens. It has a classic elegance which reminds me of Jane Austen novels.

The kids, of course, see it as a runway.

At the end of the garden there is a lovely fountain that has the most beautiful...
Well, frogs.









This was the first year Choclo was able to catch a few for himself!


















While we were returning to the car, Oob had me sit down on a bench to "tink." When I asked him what we we should "tink" about, he told me, "Let's tink about how much God loves us."

So we both sat there and looked at all that beauty and the kids soaking it up til it shone out their eyes, and we thought about how much God loves us.

What a beautiful day!

No comments: