Monday, April 7, 2014

Poem of the Week

Especially appropriate this week, but this psalm always reminds me of my parents, particularly verses 13-16.  

The translation is the Grail psalter which is used in the Office- to me the most beautiful of the psalm translations!

 

Psalm 92

2 It is good to give thanks to the LORD,
 to make music to your name, O Most High,
 3 to proclaim your loving mercy in the morning,
 and your truth in the watches of the night,
 4 on the ten-stringed lyre and the lute,
 with the sound of song on the harp.
5 You have gladdened me, O LORD, by your deeds;
 for the work of your hands I shout with joy.
 6 O LORD, how great are your works!
 How deep are your designs!
 7 The senseless cannot know this,
 and the fool cannot understand.
8 Though the wicked spring up like grass,
 and all who do evil thrive,
 they are doomed to be eternally destroyed.
 9 But you, O LORD, are eternally on high.
10 See, your enemies, O LORD,
 see, your enemies will perish;
 all who do evil will be scattered.
11 To me you give the wild ox’s strength;
 you have poured out on me purest oil.
 12 My eyes looked in triumph on my foes;
 my ears heard gladly of their fall.
13 The just will flourish like the palm tree,
 and grow like a Lebanon cedar.
14 Planted in the house of the LORD,
 they will flourish in the courts of our God,
 15 still bearing fruit when they are old,
 still full of sap, still green,
 16 to proclaim that the LORD is upright.
 In him, my rock, there is no wrong.



HT: GIA Publications

No comments: