1. The thing about summer is... I always think it will be mostly like this (lounging about at my friend's pool) and it always turns out to be mostly like cleaning up the back basement. And going on vacation!
I'm super happy about the going on vacation and honestly glad we cleaned out the back basement, but I am planning a solid day of doing nothing as soon as the Emperor goes back to school!
2. Oob and I went off on a rambling adventure, looking for some red mushrooms he had seen a while back.
Those were gone, but we found some mushrooms growing in our own yard, and eventually, we called everyone else over to see!
I'm pretty sure I'm the only home owner on the block who hopes to get mushrooms in their yard.
My theory is that if all the Zoomlians ever grow up and move out, every Christmas I'll have a sheep from each of them.
The touch up is not too hard since the sheep started out with a really nice paint job.
Although some of their eyes give them a bit of a crazed look. Curiously, I think this was the look some of my neighbors gave me when I was working on the whole nativity outside in August.
4. Speaking of neighbors, we have a very dear couple of neighbors!
The gentleman loves to fish- and I mean in a boat on the ocean or bay fishing- and his wife does not like to eat fish.
His solution is to give us (and others) loads of fresh caught rockfish! Truly the best fish I've ever had!
This time he had leftover crabs. This is a regional delicacy, and I think it's mandatory for Marylanders to love Chesapeake Blue Crabs. We sure do, but usually it's out of our price range!
Which means we hadn't had them in a few years... and Choclo and Oob hadn't really done crabs... I had forgotten how intimidating they are!
But we helped out and everyone got to enjoy crabs!
5. While the older people have been working on projects, Choclo and Oob have been left to their own devices. They always have devices.
I found this on one wall. It says "Join the Cody Club today! Awesome outdoor activities, cool coloring stuff and more!"
In another area of the house I found this.
"This Cody Club game demo should get your attention... MR FILL! How to play: Fill in the blank spots! Your pencil is above this sign."
Pretty fun! Mine is the one in the upper right.
6. Leena and I did the flowers for our parish this weekend!
The flower thing is very fun, but it also is a reminder to me: the only reason we do flowers is that someone asked us one day if we would like to give it a try.
As it turned out, we loved it!
It's also a direct way for Leena to offer her beautiful creative gifts to God!
The whole experience has made me want to look for other people who have gifts, but are waiting for someone to ask them.
7. This is Oob with his "Summer Drink."
A Summer Drink has 4 parts:
1. It must have ice.
2. It should have a straw, preferably a bendy straw in a tropical color.
3. It needs a little paper umbrella (you can make one with paper and a toothpick).
4. There ought to be some kind of drink.
And this is Choclo with his look alike sandwich.
Have a great weekend!
More Quick Takes fun with Kelly!