Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Four Months

We are four months into our lock down/quarantine.  At three months, I was surprised it had been so long.  At four months, I am surprised it's not six or seven...years.

It's not that it's terribly hard on us, it just feels like it's gone on for so looong.  Maybe not even that so much as the feeling that we are on a treadmill with no end in sight.

We miss Mass. We miss people.  We miss going places.  We miss not worrying .

A lot of our friends have given up and more or less returned to socializing.

For us, with so many high risk people in our house, that's not an option.

What has turned out to be a surprising option is a family vacation to a house on a mountain lake in New Jersey.  Yes, all ten of us are going up to visit my parent's house next week!  This is their actual house, the one I grew up in. 

With them living with us most of the time, it's sort of turned into a vacation home.  At any rate, my dad's health hasn't been stable enough for them to visit since last December, so they (and we) are super excited about going. 

Prayers would definitely be appreciated.  I'm less worried about the virus (which is less prevalent there), and more worried that the trip will be physically hard on my dad.

No comments: