Sunday, June 1, 2008

Meme- ories

The rules:
1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

I was tagged by Kate in NJ and I am going to split this meme because I am a little tired out from our trip today. More tomorrow!

What were you doing five years ago?

Five years ago the top had been removed from my house and we were waiting for the third floor to be put on. And we were happy it had stopped raining. There's nothing like seeing water running from a lit ceiling lamp! I have a vivid memory of Mxyl (then 5) running in circles and yelling, "The house is out of control!" over and over. Wow, we only had 4 kids then!

What are five things on your to-do list for today?

1. Mass.

2. Call my Mom.

3. Set up for and go on a shark tooth hunting expedition so that Leena can wear her Japanese dress while doing the hula on the beach on the first of June.

4. Sort out all the printouts into packets for the kids and make sure i have my home school ducks in a row for this week.

5. Copy the music for "This Day God Sends Me (Morning has Broken)" so I can play it on my violin again. Free blank sheet music here.

What are five snacks you enjoy?

First let me say I want to go snack with Kate in NJ!

1. Pappadam (it's an Indian fried lentil cracker - addictive!)

2. Dark chocolate

3. Salt and vinegar potato chips

4. Fresh sugar snap peas (they never make it into the house!)

5 Any ripe home grown fruit, but cherries, figs and raspberries are my favorites.

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?

1. Tithe
2. Buy my parents 2 dependable cars.
3. Expand my home school science lab. Nothing fancy, just the basic stuff for genetic engineering, tissue culture and robotics. Oooh! And liquid nitrogen!
4. Home school field trip - to Europe! Then Africa, then Australia and New Zealand, then...
5. Get horses for Klenda!



2 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

LOL, Love your list!!
I am so glad you played along.
You can come snack here anytime...we were just enjoying our sugar snaps too, and we started off with a small basketful, only 2 came into the house
(where we promptly ate them so they weren't lonely)

I want to join in on your school!!

Anonymous said...

Oh this seems fun and interesting :) I loved your list as well, I also play the violin, and at the same time use the site where you get the blank music sheets. So cool. Keep up the great work :D


https://musicadvisor.com/grand-staff/