Saturday, June 28, 2008

Random Science Experiment


Discovered in the yard. I have no idea what it's all about, I am still tracking down the scientist. They aren't allowed to dig in the yard (just the garden) but if it's for science...

I can see this working out in later years: "But, Mom, we needed to know the inertial force in order to calculate the mass of the car!" Oh, all right then, I guess the insurance won't go up that much...

Update: Klenda fessed up, it's a working (!) solar still! It is successfully harvesting water from our excessively humid air! Call me crazy, but that's worth a hole in the yard to me!!!

2 comments:

Queen of Carrots said...

Ooo, very cool. I remember reading about those in the Hardy Boys' Survival Handbook, but I've never tried one.

Garden State Kate said...

Very,very cool indeed.