Thursday, April 29, 2010

Life of Fred

We have a new love in our lives and his name is Fred. Fred is 5 1/2 years old, 36 " tall and teaches math at KITTENS University. He's the star of my favorite math books ever!

I can't do justice to them, you really need to read the samples, but they are riveting reads. I got sucked in, my dear MIL got sucked in, the Emperor... oh, yeah, and Klenda and Mxyl. The only catch is, they start at fractions so you need to be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide before you start the Fred series.

No, we are not abandoning Math U See just yet. As is, we are still carrying the full Math U See course load, we're just also doing Life of Fred for fun. The great thing is that Math U See only goes up through high school. Life of Fred goes through Calculus, Statistics, and Linear Algebra!

The thing I like most about Life of Fred is the way it's integrated with life. The fractions book doesn't just teach fractions, it teaches why you shouldn't believe everything you read in a newspaper, what not to tell a salesperson, and alliteration. I love it!

And, no, alas, I am not getting any money, books, or anything else for this endorsement...

No comments: