Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wild West City

This was a blast!  Wild West City is a a town set up as a real Wild West town staffed by historical reenactors.

You can wander through the town and watch the blacksmith, and so forth, while, throughout the course of the day, all sorts of cowboy and bandit dramas (and comedies!) play out along the main street.

Sometimes they invite you to play along!  This picture is the deputized Zoomlians forming a posse to go after the bandits who held up the stagecoach.
We went panning for gold and found some!  I'm thinking it's either pyrite or a good start on a college fund...







We had fun in the sheriff's office. 
Why, yes, I do enjoy taking pictures of my kids in jail!


This is Oob being held up on the train ride.  You can see a desperado behind him.
And they had pony rides!  Leena was sure this was the perfect pony for her, and I am hard pressed to deny it!
My favorite was watching the kids on the stagecoach (I decided that Bumpy ride + Morning sickness = Mom takes pictures!).

No comments: