Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Floored

A mere 8 years after I laid the white Armstrong tile on the bottom, the surface plastic became brittle and began tearing away in sheets.

I was not a happy camper.  The tiles did have a 25 year "no hassle" warranty... if you had the receipt.  Armstrong was able to tell me where I bought it and when the tiles had been manufactured, but this, alas, was not enough.

I'm wondering two things: How do they think I got the floor? and What, in their opinion, would be a hassle?


 On the other hand, I like my new floor better!

It was certainly fun to put in - I love peel and stick  vinyl tile!  All the Zoomlians (even Oob!) helped out, and it took about 4 hours all together.

This time, before I went down the primrose path, I got a bunch of different tiles and lay them on the floor for a few weeks to see which ones I really liked.  Then I took the winners and tried to damage them as much as possible: cuts, scrapes breaks and attempts to peel off the top layer.


The winner was Traffic Master, if you're interested!  It has a lifetime warranty.

And I kept the receipt!

No comments: