Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Driveway Math

 With the nice weather, we've been spending afternoons outside.

All that nice blacktop makes me think of hopping on the driveway math!

I did a space theme.  There is an ordinary number line on the left, but on the right, we go from 2 to 20 counting by twos, each on a different space thingy.

Trust me, I'm a scientist, space thingy is the correct terminology, the way I draw them!  (Did I mention my field is immunology?)

At any rate, I was quite pleased that I could come up with 10 space thingys to draw, and particularly pleased with 12 which started out as the sun and turned into a supernova (but actually looks like a chrysanthemum in this picture).

Naturally when I got to the end, Choclo and Oob had conflicting opinions on the final number and drawing...

I ended up going up from 20 to 100 by tens, although you have to loop around a bit to hop on them all in order!

1 comment:

Asphalt Holbrook said...

That a huge drawing board! lol