Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Sculpey


 A Sculpey, Christmas, anyway!

I can not tell a lie, it's all cheap imitation Sculpey, but my kids don't know, so don't tell them, okay?

Sculpey is an oil based clay that doesn't harden unless you bake it.  It holds a much finer detail than play-doh, and is much harder to get off your good shoes.

The thing I like about it, is that it lasts forever and encourages creativity for all ages.

Hmm.  That being said, I think Klenda actually made all of these.

But it was Choclo who was so excited he made me take pictures!

He's holding a penguin, and, yes, over the wreath, that is Jabba the Hutt in a Santa hat.

Speaking of odd things, I just noticed the crutches in the background!  I'd actually forgotten, but part of our craziness for the past few weeks was that Klenda  sprained her ankle en route (with the Emperor and the rest of the Youth Group) to a Toby Mac concert.  She's totally fine now!

1 comment:

Mxyl from Zoom said...

Klenda made Jabba with the Santa hat because we'd recently rewatched Return of the Jedi, in which Jabba repeatedly seemed to be saying, "Ho, ho, ho..."