Friday, February 15, 2013

Snow Break!

 We didn't have snow here, but, last weekend, I went up to visit my folks and sister in NJ, and they had plenty of snow!

Actually, it was a mere 6 inches, compared to the three feet + some parts of the North East got.

But it was a respectable amount, even to my mountain dwelling sister (visiting from Colorado).

It was loads of fun!  My sister and I made snow angels!  That's mine on the left and hers on the right.  I'm not sure how I missed getting an actual picture of her, but that's OK, she looks angelic anyway.

And we had a snow ball fight that I won (because I had the snow shovel). Bwa ha ha!  It's true, I won, I saw it on the internet!   She evened the score by throwing me into the snow later. She only looks angelic.

Did I mention she's a nun? Seriously, don't mess with nuns!

Anyway, my Dad taught me to use the snow blower (which I had always been too young to do before, I guess, but I'm 42 1/2 now). 

It was so fun, I can see why he didn't let me do it before!

So the reason I was up for a visit was that my dad turned a big milestone birthday!

That's him with my mom on the right.

That's me with him on the left.

I figured that a person his age already had everything they needed or wanted, so I got him something he was sure neither to need nor want. 

You guessed it!  I got him this fine yodeling pickle!
 It's everything you could possibly want in a yodeling pickle:  It is the exact size, shape, and color of a pickle, and it gives a loud melodious yodel that goes on for about 5 seconds after you first wonder "when will it end?"


No comments: