Saturday, June 27, 2015

Vacation Day

Can you see the spider web?
 It's finally summer vacation!

I know what I said before about summer starting when the portfolio review is done, but summer vacation doesn't get going until the Emperor's school year wraps up.

This year that was the agonizingly late June 24th.

 Where I grew up, school started after Labor Day (the first Monday of September) and ended the first Friday of June.

I thought this most unfair.  School after Memorial Day (last Monday of May)? What were they thinking?!

In Maryland, it turns out, they are thinking that you should be in school from mid-August to mid-June!  This is clearly a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Wait, maybe you don't understand how I feel about this.  I'd better start typing in all caps and use more exclamation points.

IT'S A FREAKISH DENIAL OF BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS TO MAKE KIDS GO TO SCHOOL IN THE SUMMER!!!!!!!!

Which brings us to the last day of the Emperor's school when I saw someone's dahlias blooming.  I wondered what they had done to get them to bloom in early June. Then reality hit me: It's almost July!!




I dumped the sensible plan for the day and we took a hike instead.

If you need me, I'll be over here with a cold drink in the hammock.




No comments: