Friday, August 2, 2019

Travels

 The Emperor and I flew down to Memphis to spend a few days with our friend Fr. Mark.

He's from New Orleans, but we've known him since he came to our area to get his doctorate in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

We had a great time talking about everything from religion to history to science to politics to movies!



Then we were off to Arkansas to visit our Aunt Toni!  This is my dear late MIL's sister.

The Emperor had brought along a huge pile of family photos and slides full of people for her to identify.

We had a fantastic time talking about family pictures and old stories and just being together.

She's the only one who still calls me Baby Girl, something I value more than ever as I near 50!

And we got to see our cousins Dave and Barb.  Barb is a master weaver and she's trying to get me started (with a suitcase full of yarn!)!

It was a lovely trip filled with lovely conversations with truly some of our favorite people that we never get to see. 

It was squeezed into a jam packed summer, but it's something I wouldn't have missed for anything!

No comments: