Monday, March 23, 2020

Gospel Dessert Laetare Sunday


This week was Laetare Sunday with it's reminder to "Rejoice always!" and that "Rejoicing in the Lord must be our strength!"

I made some Laetare punch (watermelon Kool Aid with some "bold" ginger ale).


The gospel this week was the one where Jesus cures a man born blind by putting mud on his eyes.

When I drew the Walking with Jesus poster, I planned to have the kids color it in.  I realized that the mud puddle didn't look recognizable, so I decided to color it in myself, lest it be colored something non muddy.

Unfortunately, the kids interpreted it to be a campfire, so they drew it on fire.

Flaming mud puddles of doom!?!

At any rate, the dessert was chocolate pudding to look like mud, and the kids put whipped cream on it to symbolize flames.


No comments: