Monday, November 9, 2020

Two Random Things

Since I don't seem to be able to get my act together for Seven Quick Takes lately...

1.We have switched over from the Spooky Aesthetic to the Thanksgiving Aesthetic.


It's part harvest, and part "things we are thankful for."

We were able to recycle a lot of the cute small gourds and pumpkins, however, I was horribly disappointed when I tried to cook the heirloom pumpkins: every single one (even the pie pumpkins!) was tasteless and spongy inside!

In retrospect, they all came from North Carolina, and they have had a lot of flooding, so I think everything grew big, but not tasty.


2. I have discovered, in my giant bin of cookie cutters, a cute little squirrel cutter that turned out to be the exact right size to cut a hole (in bread) that will be completely filled (but not overfilled) by an egg. 

Not only does this conclude a search of many years, I can tell people their squirrel eggs are ready!

No comments: