Thursday, August 14, 2008

You Must Buy This!!!

It's called Howtoons. No, I'm not actually selling it (or in any way affiliated), but this book is incredible!

You don't actually need to buy it, either. The Emperor and I each picked up a copy at the library and eagerly showed each other our prize in the car on the way home.

It turns out it also has a very cool web page here. Check out their blog for fabulous ideas, websites and videos!

So far, Klenda has built and installed a swing (by herself) and we just bought the PVC to make the marshmallow blaster. So cool!!!

It is a graphic novel which shows (among other things) how kids can come up with ideas, work to construct and refine their own inventions, make and use safety equipment and safely use tools and other equipment. Did I mention it is SOOO COOL?? I personally would buy this book for myself if I had no kids.

Oh, Stickman, if you're reading this, we already bought a copy for your kids for Christmas.... Let us know if you need it early!

No comments: