Sunday, October 12, 2008

Not Scrapbooking

I don't do scrap booking, I'm not really doing so well on the baby books, BUT, every 6 months, each kid old enough to express an opinion makes one of these. I don't know what to call them; they're easier to do than to explain!

I put a copy on the wall and one in a binder we have for this purpose. So far we have them going back about 3 or 4 years and it's amazing to look through and see how each kids preferences have changed.

We started out just asking,"What would you like to tell your grown-up self about what you are like right now?" Since then, we've evolved into some pretty standard questions for the sake of comparison, but they're free to add odd details. And they do.

Here is Leena's from this September. I'll also post her earliest one separately so that you can compare them.
My name is Leena. I am 6!
My favorite colors are yellow and pink.
My favorite music is Beethoven's Wig (5th Symphony).
My favorite animal is a squirrel.
My favorite sea animal is a dolphin.
I wish my name were Dolphinny.
I like to eat pizza.
I like to read books, especially Amelia Bedelia.
I like to play Hide and Seek.
I'd like to learn about sign language.
I like to play on the swing.
The most wonderful thing in the world is rain!
I like God! I like everybody in the whole world!
9/30/08

1 comment:

Garden State Kate said...

That is sooo cool.
I like Leena!