Monday, October 13, 2008

We Went Broccoli Picking!




OK, so we picked apples and pumpkins, too, but I had never picked broccoli before. It's fun! And it really does taste better than the store stuff...





We had a great time! Choclo was in tractor heaven.



Anyway, a toddler, a preschooler and 30 lbs of apples were enough for me to carry, so I asked Mxyl and Klenda to handle the camera. All these were their shots. No broccoli pics, alas.

What to do with 30 + pounds of apples? We've made apple butter, apple sauce (twice), apple fritters (twice), apple pies, and gone bobbing for apples. Oh yes, we've also just plain eaten a lot of apples!


If you're wondering about that last one, no, my children were not so scarred by a day at the farm that they all curled up in a fetal position. They were trying to look like pumpkins.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love you-pick farms! Would you share your recipes for apple butter and fritters? My recent apple butter attempt was less than stellar. And, dh and I had apple fritters with apple butter at an awesome restaurant on our honeymoon, so it would be fun to make them!