Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hero

Zorg was just born with the heart of a hero. I have seriously never appealed to this kid's noble spirit in vain.

Today I was already going in 6 directions when I picked up the mail and realized I had been delivered my neighbors outgoing mortgage check. Oops. On the 16th of the month, that can't be good.

No mailman in sight, but the truck was still there. Oob chose that moment to wake up crying.

Zorg to the rescue!

He waited at the door, watching for the mailman. When he finally saw him across the way, he dashed out into the chilly rain, (looked both ways before crossing the street) and gave the mailman the envelope. Through the window I saw him explain to the mailman and the guy give Zorg a hearty slap on the back.

When he came in, I said, "Zorg, you are a superhero!"

"No," he replied, "I don't have any special powers. I'm just a hero."

All this and modesty, too.

1 comment:

Garden State Kate said...

I am swooning! What a sweet young man.