Saturday, December 20, 2008

Quick, Cheap Present Idea

Shhhh! Don't tell the Zoomlians! They LOVE bookmarks.

You can do this in Word or a photo program. Open a document in landscape format and insert a bunch of pictures across the top (I fit in 11 or 12).

If the bookmarks are for a particular kid, I do mostly pictures of things they like. Text (going perpendicular to the picture) is a fun option. Something like a squirrel holding a nut may say "I'm nuts for this book!". Google Images is my friend.

If they are for an adult, like a grandparent, I do pictures of the kids, maybe with funny things the kid has said.

I print it on photo paper and cut with our rotary cutter.

Yeah, it is cheap and easy, but this is a present that the adults and kids have really used, enjoyed and commented on, even several months later and it's a great gift if you have avid readers in your family.

No comments: