I've been tagged by Her Majesty to tell 5 things I like about motherhood.
1. I like short people. The most amazing thing about these little people is that they are people. Each one their very own special someone from the very beginning. I like to watch as they become more and more who they really are.
2. I like it that I'm doing something important and unique. When I was a researcher, my work was important, but now someone has my old job. These kids only get one Mom. For me that gives me a lot of focus: I want to be the best Mom to each kid that I can. It has stretched me and stimulated me in ways I could never have imagined.
3. I am never bored. Always something to do! It's not that there aren't tedious parts (every job has them), but at every age and every stage there is something there to delight in that will never be there again.
4. I am a better, happier person. I like to have fun! I like to try new things. I like to try wild and crazy ideas that just might work... I like to learn about the world. I like to wonder about things. I like to go places. I like being a kinder, more loving, more organized, less self centered, less judgmental, more compassionate person. I like to meet space aliens.
5. I like being a savvy investor. The bits of stock we owned tanked. The kids, however, lost none of their value!!!!
I'd like to tag Kate in NJ and Tracy!