Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Up and Down

Choclo's hair is growing up. Way up. Yes, perhaps I have put off the younger boys' haircuts for a little too long. Really long.







Our main bathroom walls have come down. It had been suffering from tile leprosy for quite a few years.

You know, the not too essential tiles would gradually fall off and make the room look horrible. We finally decided to do something before it spread to the rest of the bathrooms.

Really, I'm not too sorry (except for the expense) because that bathroom was built in the 60s when, evidently, turquoise, yellow and black tiles were considered a fantastic fashion statement. Also, the blue floor tiles had aged differently so they really didn't.. agree with the turquoise wall tiles. They must have matched originally, right? I should have taken a "before" shot, but, really, it's kinder this way.


The forsythia have come out quite nicely!

In fact, Choclo discovered crocuses blooming in the lawn yesterday- it must be Spring!

Sorry for the rather random posting lately.

The good news is that I have started some thyroid medication and I am feeling like myself again, so I should be posting more regularly.

We had a fantastic science class yesterday and I hope to get that post up by tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Ooh, we had to remove tile from our bathroom years ago. The walls were such a mess afterward we opted for a textured paint to cover the damage!

On a completely unrelated note, I think I remember you posting about a slackline a long time ago. Which one do you have? I'd like to get one for my son, and would love a recommendation. Thanks, and enjoy your spring blooms!

Wendy said...

We have a Gibbon 25 meter. I just got another one (from Amazon) for my brother's family, so that's a pretty hearty endorsement!

There is a really good You Tube that is a big help to learning, but I'd have to look it up. We used an extra rope (tied on higher and a little off set)as a handhold in the beginning.