Friday, February 25, 2011

Seven Quick Takes: Spring is Coming!


1. The pussy willows are in their full glory!

I must confess, with the Zoomlians sick and the weather turning cold again, I hadn't noticed them at all this year until this morning - what a delightful surprise!

2. Daffodils are poking up all over. These green shoots are the color of hope in February.








3. This is last year's nest in the lilacs, but it's a symbol of all things Spring to me.








4. The snowdrops started blooming (with an exquisite sense of timing) this past Tuesday when we got a late snow squall that canceled school.








5. The branches I pruned last week started blooming! I think these are cherry blossoms.









6. I immediately went out to pick some forsythia to force and noticed it already had a flower or two. I picked some anyway- maybe it will be "coaxing" instead of "forcing."





7. The weeds have already started in the garden. Nice to see some green, anyway!

I can not express how odd it feels to have this much Spring before Lent has started...

More with Jen!

No comments: