Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Lent!

I know I posted it last year, but it's just so perfect!!


We'll be doing our Walking with Jesus poster, coloring in a footstep each day as well as flowers for the things we offer to Jesus.


This year, Mxyl and Klenda volunteered to make the poster. They did it on one long "time line" sheet instead of the big poster I've done in the past. They also did much more detailed pictures - it's well worth a click (on the picture) to see the details.

I love it that the kids are old enough to do this stuff! They pick up different details relevant to their spiritual lives. It's neat to see them grow in their walk with the Lord - although I kind of miss making the big poster!

We'll also be doing our vine and branches project, encouraging the kids to look for "good fruit" in others. Zorg and I made the vine this year.

I usually put just John 15:5 on it, but this year verses 8-12 also sprang out at me, so I put them on too. I'm hoping it's not too text heavy, but I figure the older kids are ready for more.


We're giving up sweets, except for Gospel Desserts on Sundays.

We'll be saving up for chicks and bunnies for Heifer International.


I am hoping to do some of this book with the kids as well. I like to photocopy the pictures and have the kids color them while we discuss the reading. I'd like to do 2 pictures a week. That may be overloading though...

That's about it! Mxyl will be confirmed in April, so we are focusing our attention there. I've learned the hard way not to over stuff Lent with all the great possibilities!

No comments: