Monday, May 16, 2011

Bobbing Along

What happened to last week? I have no idea!

Well, OK, some idea. I had Mother's Day and a birthday, but I do that every year.

We went Down by the Bay (where the watermelons grow) and found the most sharks teeth ever: 50 teeth, 15 ray plates and an assortment of bone fragments!

We planted all our warm season veggies: peppers, basil, cosmos, nasturtiums, sunflowers and so on. I also got a knockout rose (Blush), a hydrangea (Nantucket Blue), some lily bulbs, and a foxglove for Mother's Day, so it was a garden heavy week.



The most exciting thing, however, was Oob's continued interest in reading. He read two Bob Books. Which made me realize I had lost the rest of the first set. Theoretically, I suppose, I could still have a complete set from when Mxyl was learning to read. In my actual life, however, any given set will last 1 1/2 children (meaning there are some gaps for the next kid but we can make do). I just ordered my third set from Amazon. Still worth the money!



I actually have been doing a lot of reading instruction by writing things for Choclo and having him read as I write. He likes it some of the time, but he misses the feeling of satisfaction from finishing "a whole book."

No comments: