Thursday, March 14, 2013

I Have Been Wasting Money

Buying search and find adventure games from Big Fish!

If you haven't played these games, they are lots of fun.  You are a character in a story and you go around looking for clues and solving puzzles to solve the mystery/rescue the person/find the McGuffin.

One thing they all have in common is the search and find parts.  You click on a fairly normal looking area, and it opens into a window that reveals that the spot contains a pile of random junk.  You are then give a list of random things to find in the pile, at least one of which will help you on your quest.

I've been cleaning the family room down stairs.  I cleaned out the toys, the book shelves, even the computer desk.  The next day, while happily surveying the nice clean room, it occurred to me that I should check under the desk.

This desk is a relic from civil service in the 1960s.  It's huge.  The top is about 6 feet wide and 4 feet deep.  Those shelves in the back are actually resting on the desk.  A desk that size covers a multitude of junk.

I reached under and began pulling stuff out.  And more stuff.  And more stuff.  Strange stuff.  A flipper.  A tapir.  Two hats.  A dust pan. A boat.  A boot.  A skein of yarn.  That's when it hit me: it was a search and find!

I quickly made a list of a dozen random things in the pile and called in the Zoomlians!  They found everything quickly (thanks, no doubt to their Big Fish training!), and stood staring in amazement at the pile.

Looking at them, I realized they were each now holding four or five random pieces of junk!  So I told them to put away what they had found!!  Which made the rest a much smaller job for me.  So maybe I haven't been wasting money!

1 comment:

Queen of Carrots said...

Hmmm . . . maybe this would help me clean the basement.