We celebrated with a light saber party with friends. They did real combat with our armory of plastic light sabers (I thought we would ask people to bring them, but then discovered that we owned seven of them ourselves!).
Then they did a light saber tournament with the Wii U.
And we had a Death Star cake.
Whacked open with a light saber, naturally!
It was a great party, and then, a few days later, we had a family party on his actual birthday.
1. He has the heart of a hero. Better not pick on anyone while he is around!
2. He's a Star Scout (that's 2 away from Eagle Scout).
3.He's my lucky Chuzzle.
4. He's really fast!
5. He's on Harry Potter Book 7. This may seem more impressive when I tell you our kids don't start Harry Potter until they're 13!
5. He's a good and loyal friend.
6. Fasting for daily Mass= no problem. His stomach doesn't wake up for breakfast until at least 9 am (we eat at 6:30 am).
7. He has an amazing sense of direction.
7. He's a natural mathematician.
8. He likes to help the younger scouts (and siblings!).
9. He's very good at teaching and explaining things.
9. He's vary curious about the world and how things work.
10. He's an astoundingly hard worker. Me: Mumpy and Pa need some coal shoveled. Zorg: Sure, how many tons?
11. He's a fearfully good light saber duelist.
11. He's always willing to lend a hand.
12. He has a quirky sense of humor.
13. He can do the impossible. Choclo asked him to do something impossible, and he drew these squares that look round.
14. He's very tough, very hard working, and very loving: he's going to be a good man.