Saturday, June 3, 2017

Steampunk Room

We'll add more gears to this wall as we find them
I've noticed it's really hard to photograph metallic colors.  In photos, the color wash here is shiny brown.  In person, it's shiny coppery bronze- very metallic looking. 

At any rate, doing the finishes on this and the jungle ruins room was really fun.

But probably not as much fun as doing the pipes, and finding things to go with the steampunk theme!




Choclo and Oob put the pipes together like a giant Lego set, and then had the great idea to save some pipe to put around the room coming out of other walls.


The pipes are plastic plumbing pipes and fittings, spray painted black and then  lightly over sprayed with copper and bronze.

I used primer on the smaller pipe, but I'm not sure it made a lot of difference.  They scratched a little as I was cutting them, but I touched them up after they were put together.

So now they have a place for their exotic cactus collection, as well as a cozy reading nook.

Their actual idea was a steampunk space ship, so we are hoping to add lots of dials and gauges (and gears!) as we find them.

They also want more pipes...

And I want a nap!

No comments: