Saturday, January 13, 2018

MIA:TIA

I was just about ready to jump into a new semester of home schooling this week.  I had plans for interesting new blog posts.  I had just finished my paperwork for my portfolio review on Wednesday.

And Monday morning I had a TIA.  That's a mini stroke: blood flow was temporarily blocked to part of my brain.  Thanks be to God, my dear husband found me unconscious almost immediately after it happened, and within a few hours I was able to walk and talk normally again.  I got out of the hospital Tuesday and I have been having lots of tests and doctor visits (which all showed there was no permanent damage).

Next week I'll have more tests and doctor visits.  I'm 47, which is pretty young to be having a stroke, but hopefully, by the end of the week, we'll have some answers about what happened and why, and if we can do anything to prevent more problems.

So, we are in God's good hands.  I'm doing ok, but prayers for me and my (understandably freaked out) family would be much appreciated!

I hope to be doing more blogging soon, but if I don't manage it, keep us in prayer, and may God reward your kindness!

4 comments:

Queen of Carrots said...

Prayers!

Tracy said...

Praying for you!

Sue Elvis said...

Wendy,

I'm sorry to hear about your mini-stroke. Your family must have been so worried about you. I hope that you are making a quick recovery. Keeping you in my prayers and sending you lots of love. xx

Wendy said...

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart, and God bless you all in your own challenges this week!