Monday, April 15, 2019

Palm Sunday Gospel Dessert and NJ

 I was up in NJ, visiting Mumpy and Pa (my parents) this weekend, but I got back Sunday afternoon.

Between unpacking and whatnot, about all I had time for was this palm sundae.

This year the kids insisted on putting a bowl between their palms and the ice cream, but I was ok with that.

Klenda went with me to NJ, and we all had a lovely time!


 We had fun hanging out with Mumpy and Pa, listening to stories and playing games.
 We looked at family pictures and we watched birds and fish on the lake.

We saw some of these (uncommonly beautiful) Common Mergansers.


 Most of the daffodils that we had planted in the fall were blooming, and a few of the perennials were coming up.
It's funny, between the higher altitude and the higher latitude, they are about 3 weeks behind us in Spring.

And of course we got to pray together and talk about spiritual things.

It was such a lovely time!

No comments: