Friday, November 30, 2007

Pet Names

No, I don't mean cute things I call my kids, I mean the names the kids give their pets. Did I mention the menagerie? We are allergic to cats (alas), but not to catfish. We are also allergic to dogs, but I draw the line at dogfish. We currently have 17 live (non robotic) pets: 8 fish, 5 finches, 2 gerbils and 2 hermit crabs.

My favorite name is Leena's name for her frog. The frog is not alive, strictly speaking. It is a life sized bullfrog aerator. In other words, it sits in her fish tank and belches bubbles at intervals. Since he shares a tank with Princess (a very pretty male Betta) and Love (a catfish with spots and stripes), I thought he should be called "the Frog Prince." "No!" Leena protested, "His name is Mr. Juicy Frog!"

4 comments:

Queen of Carrots said...

You know, maybe it's the children's peculiar names that make your blog so challenging to read. :-)

Garden State Kate said...

LOL, that is very cool.

La Bibliotecaria Laura said...

And what's up with all the formal titles-- MR.?

To our kids, everything is Mr. X or Mr. Y...

Wendy said...

Yeah, the Mr. thing is strange. Example: Mr. Tum Tum doesn't feel too good. (Translation: I will now make the library janitor unhappy. Alternate translation: He wasn't faking just so he could have a movie day.)