Monday, February 15, 2010

Last Day of Winter Vacation

From the Valentine wrap up files: The Emperor has Love on his back.

Choclo firmly believes that all 2 dozen heart balloons are his exclusive property. No one may take away any balloon for any reason (this might work if he were an only child, I suppose...).

What does he want to do with all those balloons? Tie them to individual toys laid carefully all over the living room.

Ha! I bet you thought it was my regular messy living room, didn't you?

We are sadly realizing that after 10 1/2 days, the Emperor probably will actually have to go to school tomorrow. Sniff!

I've been trying to get all that planning done that I was sure I'd have time for!

I did make the Walking With Jesus poster.

I made up some Mardi Gras packets, but I'll explain that in another post.

I hand made some letter and number "fade out" pages. These came from a great book which I loaned out several years ago. I don't think it's coming back, and, of course, I have no idea who has it! It has amazing stuff in it, and I highly recommend it. I may just break down and buy it again, but I need these pages now.

Anyway, I just made a big table in Word, printed it out and hand drew the letters. The first row (5 boxes) is an outline of the letters to color in. The second row is an outline to trace inside. The third is a regular letter to trace. The fourth is a dashed line of the letter. The fifth are widely spaced dots, and the sixth just has a dot for where to start. All the rows also have arrows showing the letter formation. My hand is pretty tired, but I made it through the alphabet and numbers and then made tons of photocopies so I don't need to go through this again!

I did some other planning, but didn't get to the home school filing. And I, yet again, completely avoided cleaning the basement. Maybe next weekend...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! the walk with Jesus poster is such a great idea!! I was wondering how old are your kids? Do yo think this poster would be ok with 6-7-8 year olds?
For 3rd sunday you drew the fig tree, right? and for the 4th and 5th you have the story about the two sons and what else? would the 5th be in connection with the women commiting adultry?

Wendy said...

Thanks for the comment!

My kids are 2, 3, 7, 9, 11, and 12. Really, it's the older 4 that use the poster.

I think 6, 7, and 8 would really like the poster, and that's what makes it stick - if it catches their imagination!

Yes, we have 1. Temptation in the desert, 2. Transfiguration, 3. Fig tree parable, 4. Prodigal son (I put the pig sty under the fig tree to suggest him being a distance from the Father), and 5. a circle of (dropped) stones for the woman caught in adultery.

I forgot to mention that we color in a footstep each day and the kids draw flowers around the footstep for extra prayers and good deeds they do that day. I really like it that the desert blooms as we walk along!

Anonymous said...

Hello Wendy! I am soooooo impressed with what you're doing and I hope that I too will be successful in my attempt to homeschool my kids (5, 3, 1.5 years and 5 months old).

I have so many questions for you and I beg that you help me by answering some of my questions especially on how you manage your kids without a house helper I suppose?

My email address is martha_acla@yahoo.com. Will look forward to hearing and learning from you.

Gos bless!