Sunday, February 28, 2010

US History Update

Yes, we are still moving along in our US History mega unit. We're sort of on a low tide part of it right now. We should finish the Revolutionary War this week, thanks to Liberty's Kids. Honestly, I can't say enough about the series!

With thirty episodes, it's able to cover a broad array of topics in a nuanced way with a great deal of humor and human interest thrown in.

We've also been doing some books, my favorite being The Declaration of Independence in Translation: What It Really Means. I got it from the library and am on the hunt for the next book in the series, the one on the Bill of Rights.

I am thinking we'll have a field trip to the National Archives to actually see the documents.

I think we will also memorize the Preamble to the Constitution the way I did:

No comments: