Monday, August 6, 2012

Guest Blog by Mxyl: Goshen, Round II

 On to our busy week!


I got badges in Environmental Science (literally fun and games), Emergency Preparation (more to the point, but still fun too), Sculpture (easy and fun), Textiles (short and fun) and Cinematography (mostly listening to music on our counselor's Mac and guessing which movie it's from=fun).

In my spare time, I learned to shoot a rifle!



Zorg, meanwhile, did the Trails Head program, and got his Totin' chip and his Fireman's chit, which means, as I aptly put it, "You are now able to carry a flamethrower as well as axes and swords."

Pocket knives and campfires are also allowed.
The biggest news from camp: Zorg and I both got our swimming badge!  I originally started Hiking (you have to do one or the other to get Eagle), but Hiking, upon closer inspection, required 70 miles of hiking, and I'd personally prefer more rifling in my spare time.

No comments: