Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Lent


Here is our "Walk with Jesus" mural for this year. It follows the Gospels for the Sundays and Holy Week. I don't want to explain what everything is, since the Zoomlians read the blog, but if you look up the Sunday readings, you can figure them out. I have to think of good deserts to go with them... We will be eating Gospel themed desserts on Sundays.

You can also see a little Lenten altar in the living room (as opposed to the ones in the chapel which the older boys set up today). On the right you can also see the Lenten Ark/ calender.

And we set up the vine and branches. We each get a branch and whenever we see someone doing good, we put a leaf or grape cluster on their branch. I really like that this fosters a spirit of looking for the good in others. I'll post another picture later in the season!

We tossed out the last of the cookies and candy today and filled the cookie jar with pretzels.

Leena reminded me (while we were making our PB&J) sandwiches that we were only going to eat unleavened bread. I made the command decision that this loaf didn't count because it had been baked before Lent started...

We also had a good discussion about prayer, fasting, and almsgiving, but I'm going to bed now!!!
More Lent Later.

1 comment:

Garden State Kate said...

You fill me with inspiration!