Monday, March 22, 2010

Gospel Dessert Week 5

This week we had the woman caught in adultery. You may remember that the pharisees tried to trap Jesus by asking if they should stone her (illegal under Roman law, mandatory under Mosaic law). Did you notice that she was caught "in the very act of adultery," but she's the only one there? This sin actually requires two sinners to be present, so they had to know who the other guilty party was. I digress. The dessert was meringue "stones." I made basic meringues and added cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves to make it look more rock-like.

I also made a carrot cake. When the kids asked, I told them, "Jesus cared about the woman, but the Pharisees didn't carrot all." (insert groan here)
Anyway, Lent is rolling along!

Here we have Zorg taping some fruit to Leena's branch (having seen her be kind to Oob).

When I was a kid, Lent always took several years, but now we're in the 5th week, mere hours from Ash Wednesday!

No comments: